Type 2 diabetes can be cured through diet and lifestyle changes. Natural herbal supplements can help stabilize blood sugar level. Also there are some herbs which can lower blood sugar. Furthermore, herbs and spices give additional health benefits apart from balancing blood sugar.
Following is a list of some of the herbs and spices that could lower blood sugar :
1) Cinnamon – This spice contains 18% polyphenol content in dry weight. Because of that, it can improve insulin sensitivity and has a positive effect on glycemic control and lipid profile on diabetes patients.
2) Cloves – Contains 30% of the antioxidant phenol, alongside antioxidants anthocyanins and quercetin. Hence they have germicidal and anti-septic properties. Also provides anti-inflammatory, analgesic and digestive health benefits for diabetics.
3) Curry Leaves – They help to stabilize blood glucose levels and impact carbohydrate metabolism. According to a study, curry leaves contain a phytochemical that can help control blood sugar level in patients with Diabetes type 2 by reducing fasting and postprandial blood sugar level.
4) Turmeric – It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. All these properties help diabetics manage more stable blood sugar levels.
5) Ginger – It has the ability to normalize blood sugar levels. According to some of the studies, ginger extract can have a significant anti-hyperglycemic effect. It lowers serum total cholesterol, triglycerides and increases the HDL-cholesterol levels.